How Often Should You Get AC Maintenance?
Our air conditioners are an integral part of our lifestyle. They create that conducive habitable environment for us. That is why they need a lot of care. Even if your air conditioning unit does not pose any threat or technical problems, the cooling and heating experts always advise that you should have it AC maintenance once a year.
As your AC system runs, it often accumulates dirt and dust in its key areas that affect its efficiencies like the air filters and the condensing coils. When all this build up, your AC cannot function to its maximum capability since clogged filters block the normal airflow. Some filter types can be replaced while others are reusable. Cleaning or replacing a filter lowers your air conditioners’ energy consumption by 5% to 15%. Every time a technician comes to check your AC, they should:
- Test for leaks using a leak detector.
- Check the correct amount of refrigerant present.
- Capture instead of illegally releasing any refrigerant that needs to be evacuated.
- Check and seal duct leakage.
- Measure the airflow.
- Ensure the electric control sequence is perfect, the cooling and heating systems should never run simultaneously.
- Check the electric terminals tighten and clean connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
- Check belts, oil motors for tightness and wear.
Do you need your AC checked? No problem! We have you covered with our premier HVAC Installation. We have everything you need to ensure your air conditioner functions at its best. Our company prides itself on quality services as well as good customer services in the Heating and AC Installation, Maintenance and Repair industry. Our customer service experts will be happy to schedule an appointment for you anytime.